Middletown Homes Report: For Sale and Sold March 26, 2015
Mar 26, 2015 05:14PM
28 Eliot Court. Photo courtesy of Realtor.com
If you are wondering what houses in the area are selling for, we provide a wrap up for these towns, as well. If you’ve noticed a house for sale in your neighborhood and wondered what it went for, scroll to the bottom of the article for a list of this month's report.
1. 100 Appoquinimink Court ($353,900) - This Stunning home in the popular community of Cantwell Ridge is ready for a new family! 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage. This home has an open and spacious floor plan. Enter into a beautiful 2 story foyer with hardwood floors. Turned stair case with also has hardwood. The formal living room has a bay window and new hardwood floors. Family room has new hardwood floors & gorgeous stone fireplace. Formal dining also has new hardwood floors & many large bright windows. There is plenty of room for entertaining in the large kitchen with extended breakfast Bar Island, 42" cabinets, recessed lighting, desk station & pantry. The Kitchen adjoins a beautiful morning room which has an abundance of windows for natural light, vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan. Owner's suite is very large with extended sitting room, a super-sized closet, private bathroom with a jetted soaking tub and separate shower. Additional three bedrooms all are of generous size. All bedrooms have ceiling fans and newer plush carpet. Basement is finished for even more living space and includes a additional family/play room with bonus room that could be used as a 5th Bedroom or office. Rough-in plumbing already in place for a future powder room. Home sits on a .38 acre corner lot in a quiet cul-de-sac. Yard is nicely landscaped, fenced, has a stylish shed and 20 x 14 deck. Convenient first floor laundry. Dual heating and air conditioning system. Popular Appoquinimink School district and close to major roads for easy commute.
2. 28 Eliot Court ($349,900) - Cul-de-sac location in walking distance to Silver Lake Park and shopping centers in Appoquinimink School District! This home offers a low-maintenance stone and vinyl exterior, Palladian windows & a 2 story foyer w/hardwood flooring. A formal living room & dining room both feature crown molding. In the kitchen, you'll find 42" cherry cabinetry, stainless appliances, gas cooking, a center island, pantry & Corian countertops. The kitchen opens to the morning room, w/skylights & cathedral ceiling & a breakfast bar. From the slider door, exit to the fenced back yard with custom paver patio & in-ground pool! The family room has a vaulted ceiling, Bose surround sound speakers, and a gas fireplace and is open to the kitchen area. Finishing off the first floor is a private study. On the second floor, you'll find a well appointed master suite w/Jacuzzi tub, walk in closet & double vanity, as well as 3 other generously sized bedrooms. The finished basement has egress & features recessed lighting, stunning tile work, a bar area w/sink & 2 bonus rooms. Be in just in time for the Town of Middletown 4th of July Fireworks!
3. 418 Naughty Lane ($145,900) - "Outstanding" best describes the improvements and condition of this townhouse! Since 2011 the house has been painted, new flooring including carpet, stove and sump pump. It has a large rear deck overlooking a fenced yard with shed. Lovely, easy-to-maintain flower beds have been added in the front yard. The playground is right across the street. Great location with easy access to major roads whether heading North or South. Take a look and start packing for moving in.
4. 139 Gillespie Ave. ($194,900) - Not your average WGM townhome. Come see the difference. As soon as you enter you'll notice the extensive moldings and custom paint. Fall in love with the 3 sided fireplace between the kitchen and great room area. There's a sunroom off the kitchen. Through the door (not a slider) you'll find the patio. As an added bonus the yard is fenced. This home backs up to open space. No neighbor or road behind you. The second floor offers a large secondary bedroom with it's own bath. This master suite is unbelievable!!! Extra large walk-in closet and a true retreat that would be perfect for a home office or hideaway. The owner's bath has a GARDEN TUB AND SHOWER!!! The one car garage has a custom shelf installed for added storage. This motivated seller is offering $3000. toward closing costs and a 1 year warranty. With the special financing you could move into this house with very little money. Conveniently located close to Route 1, Christiana Emergency Department, and nearby shopping. Only 30 minutes from both Wilmington and Dover!
5. 33 Kirkcaldy Lane ($429,900) - Absolutely stunning stucco and stone facade home with Pond View lot in Appoquinimink School District. This 4 bedroom, 2 full bath, 2 half bath, home offers a finished basement and offers an extensive list of upgrades. The 1st floor features a gourmet kitchen with 42" maple cabinets, stainless steel GE Cafe Series double gas oven with 5 burner top, microwave convection oven, granite and Travertine tile back splash, ceramic tile flooring, and a double stainless steel sink. The 2nd floor features a luxury owner's suite with 2 walk-in closets and a luxury master bathroom with Jacuzzi tub, glass shower, 6" tile, double vanity with Merrilat white bay cabinets. The basement is partially finished with an egress window and powder room. The family room features a 4 ft. extension and additional side windows and transoms. The sun room offers an abundance of daylight and leads to the 38 x 21 ft. Timbertech composite deck with aluminum spindles, stone columns and exterior lighting. Other fantastic features include a 1st floor laundry, extensive custom mill work, double closets in all bedrooms, 30 year architectural roof, quoined corners on stucco, single carriage style garage door and insulated garage, 2nd floor hall bath with double vanity, subway tile and custom medicine cabinets, and hardwood floors in foyer, living room, and powder room. An exceptional property that you must see!
Sold HomesThe following houses were sold in the last month:
- 14 E. Lake St. - $34,000
- 161 Bonnybrook Road - $125,000
- 218 W. Main St. - $165,000
- 913 S. Cass St. - 189,900
- 906 Waterlilly Lane - $234,900
- 29 S. Cummings Drive - $249,000
- 327 Daylilly Way - $270,000
- 1266 Cedar Lane Road - $318,000
- 201 Manor Drive - $389,900
- 254 E. Crail Court - $431,595